The 9mm is regaining popularity as the handgun to carry. It offers power, portability, and a high mag capacity. It is easy to carry and conceal, and due to the softer recoil it possesses, it makes a great beginner gun. It is also an affordable option for ammo, as you can buy bulk 9mm ammo for a very reasonable price—you can get 1000 rounds for $189 to $450 at Ammunition Depot.
- Georg Luger invented the Pistole Parabellum in 1894, commonly known today as the “Luger” after its creator.
- Parabellum is in reference to the Latin, Si Vis Pacem, which translates to “prepare for war if you seek peace.”
- Luger improved upon a design developed by American Hugo Borchardt.
- The Luger was specifically designed for its penetrating power and ability to penetrate field gear.
- 9mm ammo travels faster than the speed of sound. The speed of sound is 1125 ft/s and a bullet fired from a 9mm handgun moves at around 1180 ft/s.
- According to Gun Digest: when the Luger was first released in the United States for $30.00. That price included a kit which included a wooden shoulder stock with detachable cheekpiece, leather holster, 3 spare magazines, a wooden dummy magazine which included tools, ramrod and oiler and an instruction manual. For an extra $5.00 a fitted leather case was included.
- The 9mm is the handgun of the FBI. Scientific analysis has proven that FBI shooters fire more quickly and more accurately utilizing the 9mm than firing the similar sized .40 S & W. They have also discovered that under extreme stress, even senior agents with a great deal of field time miss, often. That is why the ability of follow-up fire is an absolute necessity.
- It is also very popular among United States law enforcement. 60% of police choose to carry a 9mm handgun.
- 9mm offers double the carrying capacity of a .45.
- The flatter trajectory of the 9mm means it’s not as critical to judge exact distance when firing, as a slight variance will still impact a target.
- Due to its size and soft recoil, it is a great gun for beginners, and/or women who may have smaller hands.
- Firearms manufacturers now have the technology and capabilities to produce 9mm pocket carry guns that are essentially the same size of the popular .380 ACP pocket guns.
About Ammunition Depot
Ammunition Depot is proud to provide Americans with quality ammo and shooting supplies backed by phenomenal customer service. A premier online retailer, you’ll find a wide selection of ammo in varying calibers, including 9mm ammo for sale. They also carry gear, accessories, and less lethal protection in the form of pepper spray and stun guns.
For more information, visit Ammunitiondepot.com